May 11, 2011
- Trey is found murdered and left in a ditch at about 1 p.m.May 13, 2011
- Trey's father tells the media "somebody knows something".http://www.wlky.com/r/27888271/detail.htmlJune 12, 2011
- The media reported that Trey's mother took out an emergency protective order against her husband or live-in boyfriend (Gouker) "saying she fears for her daughter's life and he is suspected in her son's murder".http://www.wave3.com/story/14900399/zwickers-mother-says-husband-is-a-suspect-in-sons-murder
More details from the protective order here:http://www.wdrb.com/story/14894037/mother-of-dead-14-year-old-files-petition-against-husbandJune 14, 2011
- The media says Tuesday evening was the last time Gouker and his son were seen before they fled. An Amber alert was issued.http://www.wave3.com/story/14925513/amber-alert-issued-for
The media also released a video regarding Trey's mom and the protective order:http://www.wlky.com/r/28237563/detail.htmlJune 17, 2011
- Gouker and his son were reported as having been located in Alabama. Ross Phelps, who said he knew Gouker, claimed he was "running for he life, he knows that he's guilty" (in reference to Gouker).http://www.lex18.com/news/amber-alert-canceled-after-father-15-year-old-son-found-in-alabamaJune 22, 2011
- The media reported that Gouker and Josh were arrested on gun charges after a woman was kidnapped in Alabama.http://www.wdrb.com/story/14957714/gouker-pleads-guilty-to-firearms-chargeJune 23, 2011
- The press states that Josh Young has been arrested for the murder of Trey Zwicker. Police gave no explanation about why he was arrested.http://www.wave3.com/story/14967023/stepbrother-arrested-in-the-zwicker-murder?redirected=trueJuly 6, 2011
- The media reported that John Robertson and Cassiopiea Gouker (unknown what relation, if any, to Josh Gouker) robbed Trey's mother, Amanda. They stole a wheelbarrow, a computer, and some boxes.http://www.wave3.com/story/15037460/couple-accused-from-theft-from-murder-victims-momSeptember 2011
- Gouker was held in Alabama on the charges stemming from June and was then released (by mistake?)http://www.wave3.com/story/15628103/kentuckiana-man-wrongly-released-from-jail-in-alabamaOctober 7, 2011
- The media reported that Gouker was back in custody after being released the prior week from an Alabama jail.http://www.wlky.com/r/29417630/detail.htmlNovember 17, 2011
- Grand jury indictment for Josh Young. He was indicted for murder and tampering with evidence (concealing a murder weapon and clothing)
Trey's father told the media he knew Josh Young his whole life and was having difficulty believing that Josh murdered his son.http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20111117/NEWS01/311170054/15-year-old-tried-an-adult-murder-his-stepbrother?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CLocal%20News
Trey's father also said that Josh and Trey had snuck out of the mother's home the night before Trey was found behind the school.http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Grand-jury-indicts-Josh-Young-on-murder-tampering-with-evidence-charges-in-death-of-Trey-Zwicker-134054738.htmlNovember 18, 2011
- Media reported that Josh Young was indicted for the murder of his step brother by a grand jury. The article said Josh would be tried as an adult.http://www.lex18.com/news/louisville-teen-indicted-in-stepbrother-s-death
Trey's father, Terry Zwicker, told the media he originally had a "hunch" Josh Young was involved and told investigators at the scene as much. Yet he also said to the media he didn't know why Josh would have done it and was still waiting for all the facts to come out.November 21, 2011
- Josh Young is arraigned in court.http://www.wlky.com/news-archives/29820420/detail.html
Gouker's mother told the media that it was her son that committed the crime, claiming he told her he did it. Meanwhile, Josh entered a plea of not guilty at the hearing.
Despite Gouker's mother's claims, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Elizabeth Jones Brown said the police had "thoroughly investigated the case".
Josh Young's public defender "Schuler said the defense had a witness it wanted to present to the grand jury that indicted Young last week, but jurors chose not to hear the testimony 'for whatever reason.'"http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20111121/NEWS01/311210043/Teen-s-attorneys-family-claim-he-not-guilty-stepbrother-s-murder?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Additional information about Gouker's mother believing he committed the murders and the reason why she says he did it was released in the media.
"Jessie says her grandson, better known as Little Josh, was set up by her son Gouker, better known as Big Josh. She says Gouker admitted to her that he killed his stepson right after it happened to get back at his mother. 'Him and Amanda were having really bad problems. She aborted two of his kids in 2000 and one of their marriages and he felt like it was a child for a child,' says Jessie.http://www.wave3.com/story/16091699/family-of-teen-charged-with-murder-says-they-should-be-looking-at-his-father